The Fussy Square Block Swap – Round 2 is now open for sign-ups over on Flickr. You can find the paper pieced pattern for a 4″ block here. Ideally, I would like to have a minimum of 12 people sign up. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about the swap.
Now for the swap guidelines:
1. All swap participants must sign-up via Flickr. Sign-ups are open until September 28, 2013. I will close sign-ups if we reach 50 swappers before 9/28.
2. All blocks must be 4 inch blocks made from the paper pieced pattern provided (the pattern is 4.5″ which makes a finished 4″ block). Be sure to download the file and then print it without any scaling. My printer did funny things when I tried to print from the web. Email me if you have any trouble and I’ll send you the file. This time we’re going to send the blocks without the paper. Rip that paper off prior to shipping them to me, please.
3. Every swap participant must make a quantity of 12 4″ blocks and mail them to me no later than October 26, 2013 (I will send participants my mailing address via flickr mail). If you are shipping internationally mail your blocks out as soon as possible. Be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope so I can ship your swap blocks back to you. Please include your flickr name on your package <—-IMPORTANT
FYI: If you are an international swapper you’ll have to reimburse me via paypal for the return postage.
4. When making your blocks, please only send blocks that you yourself would love to receive. Don’t be a donkey’s patootie and send a poorly made block. The image below demonstrates what a donkey’s patootie looks like, for those who were wondering.
5. Please do not use holiday themed fabrics, or licensed character fabrics. Please stick to modern quilt shop quality fabrics and/or unique novelty fabrics. When in doubt about a fabric choice you can always ask other swappers’ opinions via flickr.
6. Have fun with it! The more interesting the fussy center fabric is the better. Remember these blocks are a great way to use up some of those scraps too.
FYI: Round 3 will be a Holiday theme, I’ll keep you posted on when that sign-up is open.
Thanks in advance to everyone who signs up!
574 total views, 1 views today