I’m so excited to be hosting my first swap! The Fussy Square Block Swap – Round 1 is now open for sign-ups over on Flickr. You can find the paper pieced pattern for a 4″ block here. If all goes well, I could see hosting several rounds of this swap with a variety of block sizes. Ideally, I would like to have a minimum of 12 people sign up for the round 1 swap. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about the swap.
Now for the swap guidelines:
1. All swap participants must sign-up via Flickr. Sign-ups are open until August 10, 2013. Sign-ups now closed. Watch for round 2.
2. All blocks must be 4 inch blocks made from the paper pieced pattern provided (the pattern is 4.5″ which makes a finished 4″ block). Be sure to download the file and then print. My printer did funny things when I tried to print from the web.
3. Every swap participant must make a quantity of 12 4″ blocks and mail them to me no later than September 7, 2013(I will post my mailing address on flickr). If you are shipping internationally mail your blocks out as soon as possible. Be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope so I can ship your swap blocks back to you.
EDITED: All 12 blocks can be the same or different fabrics, it’s up to you. Also, please mail the blocks with the paper on the back.
FYI: If you are an international swapper you’ll have to reimburse me via paypal for postage.
4. When making your blocks, please only send blocks that you yourself would love to receive. Don’t be a donkey’s patootie and send a poorly made block. When in doubt about a fabric choice you can always ask other swappers’ opinions via flickr. The image below demonstrates what a donkey’s patootie looks like, for those who were wondering. 🙂
4. Have fun with it! The more interesting the fussy center fabric is the better. Remember these blocks are a great way to use up some of those scraps too.
Thanks in advance to everyone who signs up!
6,538 total views, 4 views today