I decided to make birthday girl Raquel……wait for it……a pillow. I know, y’all are surprised!
Anyway, this pillow is supposed to be a french buldog, Raquel just adopted a cutie-pie Frenchie. Working with all black fabric for the frenchie fell a little flat. I think it’s cute in the “it’s handmade with love” kinda way. haha
Instead of calling her homely, I’ve decided to say she has personality!
I found the perfect backing fabric again. Isn’t it adorable!? I’m still crushing on lapped zips for the back of pillows. Getting faster at assembling them too!
Here she is will all the other bday goodies. Goody shopping is still my favorite.
I carved up this cutie frenchie stamp (which I forgot to put in the package!) I’ll have to give her to Raquel at the next AMQG meeting.
33 total views, 33 views today
I finished up my stash bee blocks for Oct. I realized I have almost completely depleted my stash of solids. Where do they go?
Next up for the pillow parade is this awesome Hurricane block pattern I tested for Littlebunnyquilts a while back. I hope I have the perfect backing fabric in my stash again
What have you been working on?
- Starbucks coasters swap due 11/7 Done
- Four-in-art “lights” challenge due 11/1 Done
- Sew Kitschy May, July, &Aug
Halloween Marcelle Medallion Wonkyville
- Texas Road Trip QAL – Make a back
- Cut scraps for patchwork quilt Started
- Birthday Bandy – Raquel Done
- Stash bee – Oct Done
- Panda Pillow Done
- Holidays FSBS
- Spooky Pumpkin Maple Pillow Done
- Birthday Bash Oct Leona – Done
- Disney quilt swap Due 1/7/2015
- Tear Drop Bag
- Stash Bee – Nov
- Birthday Bandy Nov
- Birthday Bash – Nov
Future projects 2014
- Frozen medallion
- KF Shot cottons Diamonds or Arrow?
- Studio Cherie travel duffle
- Day in the park bag
- Jean bag
- High low tank
- Bike basket for my girl
- Socialite dress
- Julia top
- sew machine cover
- Lindsay tote bag * cut out the pieces
- Fussy square quilt *need many many many more blocks
- Nova nesting bowls
- Christmas stocking for whole fam (4)
- Bird Blocks
- Fix pink crochet blanket Grandma B made
- QAYG herringbone quilt
- Sweet nothings-Sugar Plum Kimno
- Sweet nothings-Sleep tank
- Sweet nothings-Sleep shorts
- Liberty Love-Marcel Medallion Quilt
- Liberty Love-Queen bee tote
- Liberty Love-Lulu tunic
- Victory – Ava
- Dixie DIY – Summer Concert Tee
- HR Prints – Summer nightgown
- HR Prints – Stationary
- Hello, Spring QDAD
- Melon Burst – QDAD
- OYW – wall pocket
- OYW – Summer nightie
- OYW – Grocery Tote
- OYW – Mitered square blanket
- Weekend sewing – drawstring travel bags
- Weekend sewing – Pillow case *mermaid fabric
- Weekend sewing – PJs
- Weekend sewing – Summer blouse
- Weekend sewing – Trapeze dress
- Weekend sewing – Kimno dress and obi belt
- Sew everything – cuddle up cardigan
- Sew everything – Flouncy tank top
- FBF – Organized wallet
- FBF – Hanging book display
- FBF – Bike panniers
- FBF – last minute tunic
- PPP1 Concert tee
- PP1 Victory Ava dress/top
- PPP3 Jorna tank dress
- PPP3 Staple dress Cut out
- PPP3Poppy Tunic
- Out and about dress
35 total views, 8 views today
The winner is…..
Congratulations, Kris. I’ve sent you an email. Thank you to everyone who entered.
Have a great day!
34 total views, 5 views today